Saturday, August 4, 2012

Worry, worry, worry.

So, it's been a crazy two weeks since I found out I was pregnant. Lots and lots of worrying, stressing and praying. I'll catch you up on what's been going on and I ask that you pray for me as well.

The Monday after I got a positive pregnancy test, I went in to have my blood drawn because I was having some spotting and cramping. My HCG(pregnancy hormone) levels came back at 41, which is really low...indicating I was really early on in my pregnancy. They're supposed to double every 48-72 hours so I went back that Wednesday to have it drawn again; it was 104. I was really excited because that's almost triple. I thought I was in the clear after that. Just to make sure everything was going in the right direction, they wanted me to come back one more time that Friday to have it done again; it was only 160. Not good. Soooo....back again Monday and this time the doctor wanted to see me afterward. I went in at 9:30, had my blood drawn and went back at 2:30 to see the doctor. My levels went up to 304. So that was pretty good. She checked me out and said everything looked ok. But she wanted to see me for an ultrasound this upcoming week. I went back Thursday because it was my prenatal workup with the nurse where they go over family history and then details about the rest of my pregnancy and then delivery, etc. They loaded me up with two bags of goodies, formula, coupons, etc. (do I even have to tell you how much I love free stuff?). And then the nurse gave me an order to go down to the lab for the standard bloodwork you have to get done when you're pregnant and she also wanted me to get my HCG checked again...so, had it checked again and it was 514. Heading in the right direction, not going up as quickly as it should but at least it's going up. I go back again this Tuesday to have it drawn yet again and then Wednesday is my ultrasound and doctor's appt. I started cramping and spotting some bright red blood today and I'm in a panic right now....seriously, I'm worried sick. The nurse on call told me to relax and keep off my feet for the rest of the weekend and then call back on Monday.

So if you would, please keep me and the baby in your prayers. I really don't want to lose this precious gift that God has blessed us with.

3 comments: